My Summer To-Do List

Summer Sale (2).png

Those delightful summer months are the perfect time to try something new, and make some great memories. Even if you are not flying off to some 4 star resort you could easily create those summer memories right at home. Having a 2 year old a trip to the beach is not always the most relaxing thing to do. For me its those little things that make me happy in the summer. Early morning showers, outdoor picnics, catching up on my sleep etc. To help you make the most of your break, i am sharing my to summer do list ( some of them are more of a wish lol ) and i would love to hear what’s on your list and what you are most looking forward to.

1. Visit a pick-your-own-berries farm. (I once went as a child to a strawberry farm and since then i am in need of one again)
2. Sneak into a fancy hotel pool ( manhattan is full of them i just never had the guts to do it) OR..
3. Make friends with someone who has a pool.
4. Rent a bike to ride along the boardwalk !!
5. Make my own berry infused ices
6. Paint and design my office space
7. Go to a farmers market and then cook supper with the things i buy
8. Watch the sunset somewhere after a romantic date night ( dreams…)
9. Take a Yoga class (did it when i was pregnant and loved it)
10. Take a trip to the mountains and get lost hiking ( looking for anything less than 3 hours away from NYC, my kid hates the car!! )
11. Attend an outdoor movie or concert
12. Take professional family portraits outdoors ( my boy changed so much and i want to capture those cute toddler years)
13. Get glammed up and spend a day shopping in manhattan!!
14. Eat something from a outdoor food truck like this one
15. Have a Martha Stewart moment and plant some fresh spices for my kitchen window

I’d love to know – what are you most looking forward to this summer? What is a summer tradition for you? Anything on the list you did? Let me hear your summer to do list!!

Happy Wednesday ladies XX

Love,
Toby

• Toby
      June 29, 2016 / 3:47 pm

Thank you sara you should its great to keep yourself on track xx

1. June 29, 2016 / 4:27 pm

Aww, I love your summer to do list!! These are all such fun things! Thanks for sharing! Xo, Roselyn

2. June 29, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Such a great list! I have tons of things I want to do also! Finish my office space, try a new workout class, decorate my living room, revamp my website, find a new book to read, the list goes on! Such a cute post babe 🙂

3. June 29, 2016 / 5:19 pm

That is a lot to do and it sounds interesting and it is so much to do these during summer time

4. June 29, 2016 / 7:32 pm

Great list Toby! I’m taking a trip with my sister to Jamaica next week. It will be our first trip together out of the country so I’m super excited about that. 1) During the summer, I like to take the family to Battery Park to watch the sunset so that’s definitely on the list. 2) Take the kids into the city with me to different street fairs. 3) Take them to an amusement park. 4) Have a picnic in Central Park (I’ve done this a few times and it’s lots of fun). Go to the beach as much as possible. There’s more on the list because I like to do as much as possible when it’s hot out! You should think about Battery Park and Central Park too – it’s a fun time. Xoxo

• Toby
      June 29, 2016 / 8:36 pm

oh gail i forgot you live in new york too!! yes central park is great its just the trafic and traveling makes me stay away from the city but maybe battery park you could get there by boat from brooklyn

5. July 1, 2016 / 6:09 pm

Love all your list options! I have a beach cruiser and although I can’t ride it on our board walk I ride it all along the neighborhoods along the beach and LOVe it! Totally recommend it!
    xx, Lauren {www.rosesandrainboots.com}

6. July 5, 2016 / 4:45 am

This is a great wishlist! I picked my own berries on a farm this summer and that was SO fun…can’t wait to see what you end up knocking off your list! 🙂

7. July 14, 2016 / 6:32 pm

Love this list! I happen to live in a gated community that has a pool. SO you are so welcome to sneak into mine! I am not too far from NYC so maybe this can double as your road trip hehe
    XO,
    Anna

• Toby
      July 14, 2016 / 8:39 pm

oh that would be great:) im currently in brooklyn and soooo in need of a pool il def contact you:)) thanks for the suggestion xx

• Toby
      July 14, 2016 / 8:37 pm

now i just wish i could tick all of them off 😉 xx

8. July 14, 2016 / 8:33 pm

Great summer to-do list!! You should definitely check out the Lavender Farm from my post! It would be a perfect summer venture!

xoxo, Kristen

• Toby
      July 14, 2016 / 8:37 pm

ahh yess had my eyes on that! where is it located?