I know it has been a while, but between holiday prepping ( in this case chanukah ) and work, giftshopping, babycare i am a bit overwhelmed these days….who isn’t. So for me to unwind a bit after a long stressy day i need my home to be warm and welcoming. A cozy home is not entirely about looks; it is mostly related to how posessions can enhance that sense of sweet familiarity. I have gathered 5 of my favorite things that you all should get in order to make your home cozy and enchanting. I will also share with you the results of the reader survey i have done a couple of weeks ago! Thank you all for participating.
Number one of this list! Candles not only smell heaven they create a warm and romantic atmosphere. There is nothing more calming to me as lighting some scented candles in the house. I got mine at H&M for about 4$. They have a great selection and are really cheap. If you want to splurge get the Dyptique candles. ( It’s on my wishlist!)
Any kind of scent, is it a fond memory scent, a relaxing scent, a refreshing scent instantly turns your home into your favorite place to be. Buy some diffusers or home scents or simply spray some of your favorite fragrance around the house.
#3 Throw Blanket
There is nothing more cozy than cuddling up on your couch with a fluffy throw blanket. It is a great accent decoration and trust me you will have to fight with your family members on who gets it first. Try this plaid throw ($20) to instantly up the cozy factor.
#4 Lots of pillows
Pillows are not only to sit or lean on. I love a ton of variaties of cushions on my bed to make it extra comfy and welcoming. On your couch you could add some texture with various cushions in different sizes or just change the color sheme to a more warmer tone. My favorite is furry cushions! check out this one.
#5 Things you love
Surround yourself with the things you cherish and love in order to make an overall homey feeling. My favorite is picture frames. I really try to print out my pictures and put them around the house. Small things like a nice coffee table book or an art piece can give you a nice feeling of calm.
How do you make your home cozy this season? Any favorite home stores you would like to share? Let me hear from you
Reader Survey Answers
Below, I’ve compiled statistics for some of my questions that you all answered. I hope you enjoy uncovering these results as much as I did!
- Most of you are between 18-25
- 2 of my readers are over 40, cheers to that!
- I have got some south africans as my followers. Cool!
- 3 people are stay at home moms, and i think this is the hardest job ever so major bow down to them.
- Most of you heard about me over wordpress. So i guess wordpress is to taken seriously 🙂
- Getting more reades was the most common blogging issue. I will make sure to talk more about that.
- 41% of you favor Instagram above other social media platforms (which says a lot, since the second highest was Twitter at 29%!).
- 37% of you unwind with some Me-time ( including face mask and hot bath 🙂 you are my kinda girl!
Thanks y’all for participating. That was fun !