Fashion rules are meant to be broken

The-Fashion-Fraction-Skirt-Over-Jeans-Outfit-Casual-Style-MCM-Bag-Louboutin-Mesh-Pumps-Ray-Ban-7

Hey my ladies,

I did always poorly with keeping the rules. In fashion i believe nobody should tell me when things are “in” and when they are “out”,  when to switch to black tights and when to wear nude, when to wear less and when to wear more. If you want to bring forward your own style you gotta do the uncommon. Nothing is a no go if you truly believe in it. Here are a few of my favorite broken fashion rules.Skinny Pants under Skirt

A controversial topic of discussion, some find it appalling some love it. It definitely brings out a whole different style.

86c75a3b6ffd602db0ddf8974d611674

Shirt under Halter Dress

Oh yes! this will give you hundreds of new styling options. Perfect for a day to night outfit just take of the shirt and go party.

1efc51c3900b568173a6f3941e844692
Socks with Heels

I love this. It is perfect for the in between seasons where you do not want to be too cold with bare feet but still don’t want to wear leggings or tights.

94cc019236bb666d1060a17e6ba762f4
Turtleneck under Bustier Dress

This broke the rule of thinking that a bustier dress cannot be worn with anything underneath. Pairing a fancy dress with a t-shirt or turtleneck makes you the ultimate It girl.

Happy styling ladies! What are the rules you would like to break? Let me hear which ones your favorite.

until
Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Bloglovin

Pictures taken from Pinterest.

1. July 15, 2015 / 11:24 pm

Hats off to those that can pull these broken rules off.

• July 15, 2015 / 11:41 pm

i have seen olivia palermo pull them off if she cud do it we cud too;) xx

• July 16, 2015 / 3:46 pm

I dare you jassy;) haha lets see if you cud do it xx

• July 16, 2015 / 5:07 pm

Oh God, which one do I pick? LOL

• July 16, 2015 / 5:10 pm

mhhh the easiest i believe is the shirt under a dress…HAHA your gona be featured in a street style pic…;);) XX

2. July 16, 2015 / 5:43 pm

I’m still not “trendy” enough to even try and pull off the looks above and, honestly, don’t get many of the trends in magazines. I’m usually about basic, comfortable clothing. I could live in shorts, tank tops and flip flops or sandals! My style has definitely evolved over the years and I’ve grow to like certain clothes I never would have dared tried in the past. I wear what is, reasonably, in style and what feels/looks good on me.

• July 16, 2015 / 5:46 pm

I do not think it is about being trendy, its more like thinking out of the box. As a Jewish woman it is very hard for me to dress myself with today’s fashion. So some of those tricks help me be covered but still in fashion:) XX

• July 16, 2015 / 6:35 pm

Love it! There are definitely some weird combos out there but you have to wear what works for you. If you don’t feel good in something, there’s no point in wearing it. 🙂

• July 16, 2015 / 6:44 pm

i hundred percent agree with you main point is you feel good about yourself.

• July 21, 2015 / 7:01 pm

3. July 25, 2015 / 1:00 am

I loved the look with the shirt under the halter dress! Fashion rules are always meant to be broken:)

inconformistafashionista.wordpress.com

4. July 27, 2015 / 6:32 am

Great post ! What I already wore : white blouse under my strapless LBD. I wore this LBD also with a bright purple or bright red turtleneck. Or : my black midiskirt which is quite glam with a grey ‘is it the weekend yet’ sweater and silver sneakers (which is perhaps done quite a lot, but not by 43-year olds where I live !) and last winter a black/white minidress with black tights and doctor Martens boots (also not commonly seen on 43-year olds where I live). 🙂
    Love, Kathleen (great blog by the way !)

• July 27, 2015 / 1:12 pm

thank you for stopping by. i love the first two rule breakers you did. you are never too old to create your own style 🙂 xx

5. July 27, 2015 / 1:07 pm

Your blog is amazing! The graphics and content are what I really love best!
    The fashion rules I like to break are the colors rules (like no white after labor day) though I feel rules like this are already acceptably broken in our society. I love the “Turtleneck under Bustier Dress” rule beaker. I have done this before when I was going to a holiday swing dance; I wore a long sleeved black tee under a strapless black dress printed with cherries.

Anna

• July 27, 2015 / 1:10 pm

thank you for the lovely comment:) i love hearing that woman feel more confident in dressing a bit outside the box xx